Wednesday 18 December 2013

Above is the Album Artwork for the iconic Beatles compilation record "Red Album", containing their earlier  hits released 1962-1966. This image is legendary and immediately can be associated to the British Music scene, as the hits on this album have been house hold names for five decades, favouites at discos for generations, and inspiring the work of more modern music bands, so for these reasons I have decided to recreate this image on the cover of my magazine.
I compared the Beatles "Red Album" with the "Blue Album"; another compilation of their work containing their hits released in the later era of the band spanning 1967-1960. I felt that whilst the iconography of this Beatles image is great, I felt their earlier image was even more signifigant and memorable as they not only inspired the world musically, but sparked fashioned trends that have even resurfaced today.

No comments:

Post a Comment