Monday 4 November 2013

As I wanted a Magazine Cover depicting a dark & stormy day with apocalyptic events unfolding within the main story, I decided to use a  real life image of a storm as the background to my Main Image to set the scene. I decided to cut out the City Skyline as although I initially intended on using it in my image, as I felt it would add to the drama, creating a "King Kong V.S. Godzilla" type atmosphere, in reality the Cityscape was obscured by the Main figures in the image.

 The first image I considered was too dark, and blended in with the header bar and footer line too much, which meant the details on such bars was lost. The image was also the wrong size to be reshaped without the pixels becoming distorted.
 The Second image I considered was the one I eventually used, as I felt the shade of grey was appropriate as it was light enough to stand out from the Characters on the main image and the header bar and footer line, but dark enough to capture the intensity I desired.

The last two images were far too dark I felt to use, but after intensely studying fifty shades of grey, I felt I had found the perfect background.

No comments:

Post a Comment