Monday 3 March 2014

Over the course of the school break I re evaluated the name of my music magazine. After much deliberation I felt that "Modern World" was too genre specific and that only a small percentage of my younger target audience would understand the connotations to the genre. It also therefore meant that the magazine would not automatically be associated with Music. The overall aim of my Music Magazine was to bring iconic music to a younger audience. this therefore meant my Masthead, "Modern World", did not adequately sum this concept up.


Behold then, the new and improved Masthead for my music magazine "Melody". I felt that this both immediately associated the magazine with music but also harked back to the iconic publication "Melody Maker". The phrase "Yesterdays Music. TODAY" accompanies the Masthead and is an extension of the message and concept that the Masthead represents.

No comments:

Post a Comment